SkyCourt Background Information
- Major enclosed Retail Centre 20,000 sq.m comprising of 60 retail units.
- Foodcourt comprising of 6 units from 70 sq.m to 150 sq.m
- Home to the biggets concentration of Industrial employment outside the Dublin Metropolitan Area
- Catchment population of 40,000 within a 20 minute drive
- Anchors: Dunnes Stores and Lidl
Shannon has 12,500 people employed in a range of manufacturing and service industries: employers include :
Alcatel, Shannon Aerospace, Cabletron Systems Ltd, Shannon Airport, Shannon Development, Element 6 (formerly De Beers), GE Capital, Lufthansa, UPS.
SkyCourt Shannon Town
The existing Shannon Town Centre was built in the early 1970’s. It was purchased by Beaux Walk Properties Ltd. in 2001. The centre was subsequently rebranded as SkyCourt Shannon Town. The first phase of redevelopment has now been completed. It includes a major new Dunnes Stores outlet, approximately 8,500 sq.m. of new unit shopping and a multi-storey car park. The existing malls have been refurbished at a cost of one million euro. A new town square will provide a focal point and meeting place for shoppers, visitors and the local community. Further phases of development are planned to complement the retail offer and to bring further leisure, cultural and service users to the town.